Job Interviewing Tips
Interviewing for a role can be very nerve-racking. Below we have created a few tips on how to calm the nerves and ace that interview.
1. Make sure you remember what role you are applying for. Employers will notice when interviewing candidates that they can’t remember which role they applied for. Make sure you keep track of the jobs you’ve applied for so that when it comes to interview time, you are better able to speak to that role.
2. Do your research on the company. It is very important to know about the company you are applying/interviewing with. By knowing about the company, you are better equipped to speak about the company, how they operate, and what it is they truly do.
3. Send a “Thank You” after any interview, whether it be by phone, face to face, panel etc. It is always best practice to send either an email or a hand written card as a follow up, thanking the interviewer for their time and the opportunity.
4. Know why you want the role or why you would be a good fit. Make sure you can align your skills and background to the role. Be able to pick out key points on why you are the perfect fit for the role.
5. Have questions! Employers look for candidates who have questions. If the candidate asks questions, it proves that they are more interested in the role and are wanting to know what the next steps are in the process.
6. Be prepared! Be ready to talk about your past and current experiences and how they align with the role you are applying for.